Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Field Guide To The North American Teenager

Stars 5/5
The Field Guide To The North American Teenager by Ben Philippe

I went into this book not knowing anything about what it was about and I am so glad I did. I really enjoyed this book. The story follows Norris, a young black French Canadian, who left Canada with his Mom to live in Austin, Texas. Of course, Norris was not fond of leaving his school and friends but makes a deal with his Mom to give it a try. Between the heat of Texas and Norris' sarcastic undertones, he has problems at first but soon finds friends and even starts to enjoy his new town. Until "IT" happens. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it. You must read the book to find out what the "IT" is. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment