Thursday, January 17, 2019

Robinson Crusoe

Stars 5/5
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Of course, this is not the first time I have read Robinson Crusoe but since it had been awhile I wanted to revist this world. Reviewing a book that has been written so very long ago is, of course, a feat to say the least but I think you take different things from books when read as a young person than when you read them as you grow older. On the outside, this book looks like a man from England that got his just deserts for capturing natives and enslaving them but if you read on through out the book he becomes friends with a native, Friday, and develops a love for him. So you could say that he had learned a most valuable lesson in life. We will never know how he was after the island other than he helped out many with money but I like to think that he found peace and love for others that he once discriminated against. I highly recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment