Thursday, January 17, 2019

I'll Be There

Stars 5/5
I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
(note... This book made it to my 2019 Favorites List)

WoW! I just loved this book! In fact, I am adding this one to my 2019 Favorites List. It is just that good. I have to say that in the beginning, I was very skeptical about reading this book due to the religious aspects in the start. I try to stay away from books regarding those type of issues but I held on past that and really loved the story. The book follows Emily, a young girl that attends her father's church and is kinda roped into singing a solo which she knows is going to be horrible but while singing she sets her eyes on Sam, a young boy she has never seen before. Sam, a young guy that travels around with his abusive criminal father and little brother Riddle, has never knew what it was to be a family except his devoted love for his brother. Emily and Sam meet in secret because Sam knows that if his father finds out, they will leave town fast. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but it is a book of friendship, love, hardships, survival and is full of heart felt emotions. I highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment