Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Twelve Steps To Normal

Stars 5/5
Twelve Steps To Normal by Farrah Penn

First, I must say that I rarely read books regarding addiction but I really loved this book because it focused more on the positive of change than the negativity. The story follows Kira, a young girl who is dealing with her Father's alcoholism and how it has affected her life. She goes to live with her aunt leaving behind her friends and school. After her Father goes through rehab, she comes home to find her Father has moved in a few of his friends from rehab. Kira hates this and is embarrassed of it. Hiding more from her friends and the social worker. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but this book is about friendships, family and coming together to support one another. I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment