Friday, December 14, 2018

Heretics Anonymous

Stars 5/5
Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry

First I have to say that I had some apprehensions going into this book because I really try to stay away from books about religion but I really enjoyed this book. I felt the author did a very good job keeping true to each characters beliefs and lack there of. The story follows Michael, the new kid at St. Clare's Private School. His family moved again due to his Father's work which continually puts pressure on him and his family constantly moving around. Michael is an Atheist in a Catholic school and he makes friends with a group of kids that have a wide range of beliefs. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I will say that I would love to see these characters again especially Lucy and as she grows older dealing with her beliefs and restraints put upon her. I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves a contemporary with hard to debate issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment