Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Ramona Blue

Stars 5/5
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
(note... This book made it to my 2018 Favorites List)

Oh how I really loved this book! This book has everything I love in a book - romance, diversity, friendships, family and a little conflict. The story follows Ramona, a 6'3 girl with blue hair that is struggling with her sexuality. Ramona lives with her father and pregnant sister Hattie in a very small old FEMA trailer that they moved to after hurricane Katrina. Her town is a travel area where people come to visit in the summer and it is that summer she meets Grace and falls in love but Grace has to leave after the summer and their relationship goes through many changes. During this time, Freddie moves back to town and Ramona is having conflicting feelings for him which confuses her because she had labeled herself Lesbian but now she doesn't know. I don't want to go into this story more as to not spoil it but I highly recommend it. I loved this book so much that it made it to my 2018 Favorites List.

No comments:

Post a Comment