Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Side Effects May Vary

Stars 4/5
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

I am going to be honest when I say that at first I hated the main character, Alice, but after I thought about it awhile, I really understand why she did what she did. Sometimes pain makes us do things we really shouldn't do or say and sometimes it makes us learn hard lessons. The story follows Alice, a young girl who is dying from leukemia and while she was still able to be active, she decides to get even with all the people who have bullied her and an ex-boyfriend that dumped her. Alice's life is a roller coaster of not only physical issues but trying to cope mentally as well. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I do highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment