Sunday, December 9, 2018

My Year Of Rest And Relaxation

Stars 5/5
My Year Of Rest And Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
(note... This book made it to my 2018 Favorites List)

First of all, let me honest in saying that when I first heard of this book I didn't think the book would be something I was interested in due to the fact that I rarely read books with drug addictions or any addictions for that matter but a friend recommended it and so I thought I would try it and OMG I was amazed by the story. The book follows a young woman who wants to escape from the world and embark on a year long narcotic hibernation. She basically cuts ties with everyone and takes enough meds to keep her asleep for months only waking every few days to eat and shower. This book I found was not a book about addictions so much as a book about escape from her life. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I will say that I highly recommend to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment