Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Rebecca

Stars 5/5
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

Of course, this is not my first time reading Rebecca but I wanted to revisit this world as it has been a long time since I last had. I just love this book. I could go into a very long discussion on how I feel about this book and how things that happened in my life has helped me better understand the character's thoughts and actions but I will just say that it is a very powerful story and I can't recommend it more. The story follows a young girl who meets and marries a rich older man who is newly widowed. Being the second Mrs de Winter, the young girl feels haunted by the first Mrs de Winter, Rebecca. I do not want to go into the story more. This is just one of those books that will always be a classic Must Read. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment