Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Moby Dick

Stars 5/5
Moby Dick by Herman Melville

Moby Dick was first published on 10/18/1851 so I had to read this book for the 2018 #Spookathon Of course, this is not the first time I have read Moby Dick but it has been a very long time ago and I felt it was time for me to revisit this seafarer's world. This story is far more than just an obsessed madman trying to kill a whale for revenge, it is a world of whales and whaling. The book goes into everything about sperm whales. How every part of the whale was used and how it was needed by consumers in that time period. Lots of things has changed regarding whaling, but this is a most interesting read that brings you back to 1851. This is a book that is a "Must Read" not only because it is a classic but it is an adventure that you will feel proud that you accomplished reading it. I highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment