Saturday, October 22, 2016

We Have Always Lived in The Castle

Stars 3/5
We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson
I have wanted to read this story for a very long time now and glad that I finally got to it. It is a book about a little girl, her sister and uncle that were the only survivors of a poisoning that killed the rest of their family. The older sister, Constance, who loved to cook was accused of the crime but was not convicted and she hid in the house away from people in her town because they believed she killed them all. No spoilers! I have read a few novels from Shirley Jackson and I must say that as they are a bit disturbing and twisted, they are more mental illness than spooky or horror. I ended up giving this book 3 stars because it was a bit of a slow read in my opinion. I was half way into the book before even finding out anything about the family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment