Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Kindred Spirits

Stars 3/5
Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
This is a story about a girl who loved Star Wars and wanted to be apart of it's fandom by sitting out on the sidewalk for 3 days waiting for the new film to be released even though she already had bought her tickets for that showing lol. 
All the anticipation and hype kinda put me in the same spot as the characters in this story in that the expectations overpowered the end result. Don't get me wrong, I did like this short story but it wasn't what I hoped it would of been due to all the great things I had heard. I do hope to see the characters in the future. It would be nice to see how their friendship held up or lost out. My favorite quote in this story came from Gabe... "Everybody likes everything these days. The whole world is a nerd." - Rainbow Rowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment