Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow!

Stars 5/5
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
What can I really say about one of the greatest stories every told! This book has to be my favorite for October! I grew up watching it as a cartoon and when I got older I found many other ways to enjoy it. There was a few film adaptations, books (of course), audio books and plays. This is a story about a sleepy little town in New York that has many superstitious people and even more tales of spirits. A fearful school teacher, Ichabod and his infatuation with the fair Katrina and her money. One of the most descriptive stories I have ever read describing the Autumn season and all it's glory.                The Headless Horseman rides this Halloween!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment