Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dark Places

Stars 4/5
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
This is a story about a girl that survived almost her whole family being murdered when she was 7 years old and she testified against her brother claiming he was the murderer. She grew up being shoved from family member to family member because she was violent and rebellious even to the point of killing her aunt's dog. She lived on the charity money that people sent in because she was the little angel that survived but as she grew older, the money ran out and she wasn't in the lime light anymore. To make a few bucks, she started making appearances with this Murder Club, that was obsessed with her case and thought her bother was innocent. She was forced to relive it all and she wondered if she was right in what she thought she remembered. That is all I am going to say so no spoilers! I really liked this story and I loved the fact that I hated the main character Libby at the beginning of the book. Wondering how many people who have been survivors live off charity and feel that it is owed to them. As the story went along, Libby changes and my thoughts of her did as well. I really like how that happened. Books that do that are always high up on my list. Love the writing style and would recommend it to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment