Saturday, October 29, 2016

Crooked Kingdom

Stars 3/5
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
**SPOILER ALERT**
I am going to be honest and say that when Matthias died, I put the book down and didn't want to read the rest but I did. To me, this was like Fred Weasley dying in Harry Potter, a useless death that was not needed at all unless there will be a third book in which he will rise from the grave. The book was going along great until his death. It was then so rushed and angering that Nina didn't do more to help him and that her emotions would change so quick when Kaz started to speak of the money. To me, that was unrealistic and made Nina look heartless and unloving. It all makes me wonder. Did Leigh Bardugo just kill off Matthias because it is somewhere written in Writing Fiction 101 - "You must kill off one of the supporting characters" or will he be brought back as a surprise in future books? I am sorry about the low rating but to me the death of Matthias was useless. I feel sad that this book was such a great adventure but the end ruined it all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment