Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Head Full of Ghosts

Stars 3/5
A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
Basically, this is a story about a teenager getting possessed by a demon and the family goes on a reality tv show to do the exorcism. I am not going to give out spoilers but I need to say a few things about this book and why I only gave it 3 stars. I liked the story line and thought it was unique and definitely a change. What I didn't like was the main character, Merry, the little sister. The book gives flashbacks of when she was only 8 years old going through this ordeal and flash fowards of when she is an adult remembering things about what happened. I think that it was over stretched to the extreme about how much this woman would of remembered at the age of 8. Even going so far into remembering every word she made a sign for, when she decided not to speak. It was a bit much. As for her, she was just as annoying at the age of 8 as she was as an adult. I never did get to the point of understanding her and so the book was painful to read at times for me. It was slow. I do hope this book makes people aware of mental illness and no more superstitious nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment