Friday, July 6, 2018

The Poppy War

Stars 4/5
The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang

First, I need to say that I went into this book not knowing much about the story line. Second, I have to be honest when I say that the first part of the book was much better than the second. The first part of this book, the main character Rin was a strong willed, organized, knew what she wanted type of girl. She studied so hard to get into the academy and even after she got in, she continued to strive to catch up on her learning. The second part of the book, Rin turns into a childish, power hungry brat and it was a bit hard to read. I must say though I did love the creature creativity and war strategy. I think that is what saved the book for me. The story was very unique. I would recommend this book but with the warning of main character teenage angst!

No comments:

Post a Comment