Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Life After Phillip Morris

Stars 5/5
Life After Phillip Morris by Steven Russell
with Laurence Watts

Wow! I really enjoyed this continuation of Steven Russell's life story after I Love Phillip Morris. The story follows Steven Russell coming back to prison after his fourth escape and the narrative is set up in play format. This is told from Steven Russell's pov as well as his conscience (narrator) and what follows his recapture including how the book and film came to be. His interactions with prison staff and the warden is hilariously funny and how he has them on edge every Friday the 13th! I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I have to say this play definitely pulls on many emotions regarding prison injustices. I highly recommend this book to everyone. I sure hope to hear more from Steven Russell in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment