Friday, July 6, 2018

The Female Of The Species

Stars 5/5
The Female Of The Species by Mindy McGinnis

I had heard a lot about this book and I never thought I would read it because so many mixed reviews and I really didn't think I would enjoy a book about rape culture but I was wrong. I loved this book. It is very hard to explain exactly what went on in the book without writing a novel sized summary so let me just give a few highlights. The story is told from 3 povs. Alex, a quiet loner, whose sister was murdered. Jack, an athlete and party boy, getting ready for college. Peekay, the preacher's daughter, that befriends Alex while they both work at the Animal Shelter. Alex is a killer. Jack falls in love with her and Peekay almost gets raped. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I highly recommend this book. Just read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment