Thursday, July 26, 2018

Final Draft

Stars 4/5
Final Draft by Riley Redgate

This was a coming of age and sexuality book. It followed a high school senior named Laila who excelled in creative writing and was planning to study it in college. She had a very unique relationship with her creative writing teacher (not sexual but I feel it could of be questionable in real life) in that she kept in touch with him even via email regarding her writing and other things going on in her life. One day Mr Madison, her teacher, gets in an accident and is in the hospital so the school hires a prominent Pulitzer Prize winning author to take over the class. Now I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I will say that the plot surrounding Mr. Madison was very emotional for me. I really would of liked to seen more character building for all of Laila's friends and family but this book was a unique story to read. I would recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment