Sunday, January 7, 2018

Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles

Stars 5/5
Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles by Rupert Kingfisher

This book I read on a recommendation and was told that it read like a vintage children's classic and I have to agree. I just loved this story. It follows a little girl named Madeleine who was forced to work for her greedy nasty uncle in his restaurant called the Squealing Pig. One day, he found out how well Madeleine could cook and forbid her to ever cook again. Madeleine was out doing an errand one day and found her way to Madame Pamplemousse's little shop and so the adventure begins. I am not going to go into the story any more as not to spoil it. It is such a fun book to read with lots of imagination. I would recommend it to everyone of all ages. I do plan on reading the other two books in the series. What a delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment