Friday, August 16, 2019

The Tea Girl Of Hummingbird Lane

Stars 5/5
The Tea Girl Of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See

When I first seen this book, I knew I had to read it. I am such a lover of tea and I really enjoyed this book. First I will say that there are some really hard issues addressed but I do believe it is needed to face the reality of the main character, Li-yan's culture. The story follows Li-yan, a young girl, growing up in a remote mountain village in China. Her family were tea farmers and as the only girl born into the family, Li-yan's dowry was a plot of land that many believe was cursed. This is about her life and struggles she faces to get what she wants out of life. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment