Sunday, August 4, 2019

The Price Guide To The Occult

Stars 4/5
The Price Guide To The Occult by Leslye Walton

WoW I think the mother in this book has to win the award for Most Horrible! I really enjoy a good witchy story and this one was unique and very creative. The book follows Nor, a young witch that comes from a long line of witches including Rona Blackburn, one of the first inhabitants on the island in which they live. Nor's mother, Fern, thinks only of herself and wants more and more of everything. Fern is so upset that the love of her life leaves the island that she too leaves but years later returns with a storm of devastation. I have read reviews that mention a trigger warning for self harm but honestly as I see it, Nor was desperately trying to rid herself of the mark Fern gave her. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I do recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment