Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Dolly

Stars 5/5
Dolly by Susan Hill

I just loved this book! Honestly, this is not the first time I have read Dolly but I wanted to re-visit some classic creepy stories and I had to reread this one. The story follows Edward, a young boy that is sent to his Aunt's house for the summer. There he spends time with his cousin Leonora, a spoiled little girl. Leonora tells Edward that all she ever wanted for her birthday was a beautiful princess doll but her mother never sends her one. So Edward decides to tell his Aunt that Leonora would love a doll and so her Aunt buys her one but the doll is not what Leonora wants so she smashes the doll's face on the fireplace. Now I am not going into the story more as to not spoil it but I highly recommend it especially around the Halloween/Autumn season.

No comments:

Post a Comment