Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Night Gardener

Stars 5/5
The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier

I just love Hester Kettle and I really hope that one day the author continues on with this story (with her in it of course) or does other books of her life. What an amazing character. This book was an amazing read. Very creative and unique. Definitely a classic that I highly recommend. The story follows Molly and Kip, sister and brother, who came to England from Ireland to find a job at the Windsors estate. Along the way they meet Hester Kettle, an old storyteller/junk collector, and they make a promise to her that if she tells them where to find the Windsors estate that they will come back and tell her a story. Once at the estate, lots of things start to go bump in the night and that is when the adventure really begins. I do not want to go into the book more as to not spoil it but let me say... what a fantastic story they have to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment