Thursday, March 21, 2019

Where The Crawdads Sing

Stars 5/5
Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
(note... This book made it to my 2019 Favorites List)

I chose this book to read for the Buzzwordathon and little did I know that this book would make it to my 2019 Favorites List! This story was so amazing, unique and creative that I really loved it. The book follows Kya, a girl that was raised in the marshlands of North Carolina. Her family was very poor and her father was abusive not only to Kya's Mother but her brothers and sisters. After Kya's Mother left, the others left as well leaving Kya alone to figure out how to live with her Father. She was just ten years old. As time went on, Kya's Father left and never returned. She figured out how to feed herself and traded with some from town but mostly she stayed by herself. Kya grew up to be a beautiful young lady and the young guys in town took notice. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I will say never judge a book by it's cover and never judge a person's intelligence by where they were raised. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment