Wednesday, February 7, 2018

We Should All Be Feminists

Stars 5/5
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

I am going to be honest and say that at first I did not want to read this book because I am kinda ashamed of some of the feminists online these days and what their opinions are about women of today. I am a mother of a son as well as daughters and I never want my son to feel inadequate as some of these radicals speak about. So I was hesitant but I am so glad I did read it. It was not what I expected at all. It supports both male and females. I loved the stories within the book and the examples she gave of even the little gender signals that go on we don't notice. I am very lucky to be in an area and a place in my life that it doesn't affect me as it did the ones in the book but I stand for all those who do face this daily. I recommend this book for not only females but males as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment