Thursday, January 2, 2020

Ethan Frome

Stars 5/5
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

WoW! I vaguely remember reading Edith Wharton's House of Mirth book a very long time ago but I believe I must of forgotten how wonderful her writing is because this book is only the second I have read of her work and I loved it. I will be adding more books of hers this year. This book was amazing! The story follows Ethan, a man struggling with his farm and with his life with his hypochondriac wife, Zeena. Zeena's cousin comes to the house to help out and that is what brings life back to Ethan. He falls in love with her until Zeena wants another girl to come and help out and is sending her cousin away. This story is about loneliness, heartache, love and a horrible tragedy. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment