Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Lying Game

Stars 4/5
The Lying Game by Ruth Ware

I really enjoyed this creative and unique twisty tale of mystery. I need to be honest and say that I would of gave this five stars but I think all the breastfeeding chit chat could of been left out because it seemed to overtake the true plot of the story. I realize that it could of been added to represent the bond between parent and child but honestly I feel like the story was strong enough with out it. The book follows Isabel as she receives a text from a friend she had not seen in ages which read "I need you". Isabel then takes the train to Salten, a coastal village, where she attended boarding school to meet up with Fatima, Thea and Kate because some old bones have been found. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil the mystery but I do recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment