Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Cactus

Stars 5/5
The Cactus by Sarah Haywood

This book I chose to read during the #ContemporaryAThon and I am so glad I did. I just loved this book. I am really fond of English (UK) contemporaries and enjoyed the creative and unique details of this story. The book follows Susan, a 45 year old woman, never married and has perfect control over her life until she gets pregnant. She finds out her Mother has just died and she finds out that her brother has been given the right to live at the family home as long as he needs, stopping the sale of the house and Susan's benefits in which she was going to use to help with the baby. There definitely is an odd love interest but I don't want to go into the story more. I highly recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment