Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Suicide Notes

Stars 5/5
Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford
(note... This book made it to my 2019 Favorites List)

I chose this book to read during the #ContemporaryAThon and OMG I am so very glad I did. This book, not only addresses very serious issues but it was also so funny that I actually spit out my tea while reading "Wee Wee Wee" LOL! I have suffered from depression for most of my life and really loved the dark humor. The book follows Jeff, a 15 year old, that wakes up in the psychiatric ward of the local hospital. He finds out that he is there for 45 days in which he must come to admit and face why he tried to commit suicide. During group therapy he meets and befriends others that are also at the hospital dealing with their own issues. I do not want to go into this story more as to not spoil it but I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment