Monday, September 9, 2019

Dracula

Stars 5/5
Dracula by Bram Stoker

Of course, this is not my first time reading Dracula but I wanted to re-visit this world and so when one of my book clubs suggested this book, I was so happy! The story follows Jonathan Harker as he visits Dracula and helps him find a home in London. Mysterious things start to happen and many fall ill with strange markings on their necks. I enjoyed the writing style and how the book is set up as letters going back and forth to the characters. This is definitely a "Must Read" especially around the Autumn/Halloween season. I have to say that one of my favorite quotes that still makes me laugh is found in Chapter 12.... "You go wake those maids. Flick them in the face with a wet towel, and flick them hard. Make them get heat and fire and a warm bath." LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment