Wednesday, February 20, 2019

I Owe You One

Stars 4/5
I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

First I really want to say that this book reminds me so much of a friend of mine, very shy to speak up for herself and overly domineering family members. The book follows Fixie, a young lady that believes in "family first" and ends up dealing with her siblings that are horrible to say the very least. Fixie tries to fix everything. Working in her family run store, she deals with so much that even her personal life is failing. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I will say that this is a story of finding yourself, harnessing your inner strengths, standing up for yourself, finally opening your eyes to the abuse and putting yourself first for a change. I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment