Thursday, May 31, 2018

Tradition

Stars 4/5
Tradition by Brendan Kiely

I really enjoyed this book. It follows Jules, a young girl that attends Fullbrook Academy, and Jamie, a young boy attending the Academy on a hockey scholarship. Jules is dealing with a sexual assault that happens during a party and the Academy doesn't do anything due to the fact the boy's father is rich and powerful. Jamie, a friend of hers, is dealing with a dark past of his own sports violence. I do not want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but this has to be the most realistic outcome we hate to read but happens all the time. I definitely would recommend this book to everyone. This is an issue that needs to be addressed and made aware of. One thing I would of wished for in this book was more info about what happened to the characters in the end. I always need to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment