Thursday, February 16, 2017

Me and Earl and The Dying Girl

Stars 4/5
Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

I have to say.. I liked this book. This story dealt with a hard issue of cancer and dying. The main character Greg was pretty much forced by his mom to befriend Rachel as she was dying of cancer and he did become her friend but not a love interest. There were lots of dark humor moments with jokes including some dirty which reminded me of Beavis and Butthead. I think the jokes were mainly defense mechanisms that he used to deal with the stress of the situation he was put into. Teen humor and teen thoughts. In the end, I think Greg finally realized about death and pain. So in a way, a coming of age story for both him and his friend Earl. I would recommend this but only to people who can see past the humor and understand the verity.

No comments:

Post a Comment