Saturday, February 11, 2017

Eleanor and Park

Stars 3/5
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
**SPOILER ALERT**
Honestly, I am only giving this book 3 stars because I loved Park. I think he was the perfect fiction bf. Honest, loyal, cute, intelligent, quirky, diverse and even a protective athlete. He made me smile with his concern and sweetness. I did not like Eleanor at all. I understand she was from an abusive home and had many mental issues but she was just unfair, unjust and down right mean. Maybe I was supposed to feel all excited about the "postcard with just three words" but the only thing that went through my mind is why? Why after a year? Why jerk the line again just to see if he was still there? She made up her mind to let him go and it was heartbreaking seeing her try to jerk him back again just to see if she could. I agree Eleanor was an " Ugly" girl but not because she was overweight, red bozo hair and old mismatched clothes but because of the torturous way she treated Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment