Monday, June 25, 2018

If I Was Your Girl

Stars 5/5
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

I really enjoyed reading this book and just loved the author's writing style. It was an easy and fast read so I could just sit back and enjoy it all. The story follows a transgender girl named Amanda and her life living in a male body and how she dealt with issues and the surgery. Amanda is bullied and violated both mentally and physically by people around her so she leaves to go and live with her father. Of course there is a love interest and it is very sweet but I have to say that one thing I didn't agree with is how Amanda let things progress with Grant even to the kissing stage without disclosing her secret and letting him make the decision whether to go further with their relationship. I understand she has the right to live her life as she chooses but she didn't give Grant the opportunity to make the best choice for him. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it but I do recommend this book it was a cute contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment