Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Pumpkinheads

Stars 5/5
Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell
Illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks
(note... This book made it to my 2019 Favorites List)

YAY! This was one of my most anticipated books for this year and I just knew I would love it. This graphic novel is perfect for the Autumn/Halloween season. The story follows two Fall friends, Deja and Josiah. This will be their last day working at the pumpkin patch due them going off to college the following year and Josiah has had a crush on the Fudge Shop girl for years. Tonight after all the years never talking to the girl, Deja takes Josiah on a pumpkin patch adventure to find her so Josiah can finally talk to her. I just loved the illustrations and the story is so cute that I highly recommend it to everyone. This is not a spoiler but I hope that what Deja and Josiah talk about at the end of the book comes to fruition. I would love see a holiday book with these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment