Monday, April 8, 2019

The Calculating Stars

Stars 4/5
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal

I have to say that I went into this book blind and I am so glad I did. I really enjoyed this story. Very unique and creative. In 1952, a meteorite hit the eastern US and killed millions yet the devastation is nothing for what is about to come. This disaster has triggered a climate cycle that will make Earth inhabitable to humans in the near future. With this knowledge, Elma and her husband race to get this info to government officials. NASA prepares for Lunar missions to find a habitat suitable for humans. Elma and other women, who were WASP (pilots) from the war petition to become the first women astronauts. I really enjoyed this book and hope to continue on with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment