Tuesday, October 17, 2017

It's Alive

Stars 4/5
It's Alive by Richard Woodley

I read this book for a #spookathon 2017 reading challenge "Read a book based on a childhood fear". When I was 7 yrs old, my Mom took us to the drive-in and this was the late show. She thought we were asleep in the back seat but nope I saw the whole movie and for years I was scarred. I would never sleep with my hand hanging off the bed and always had to be facing the door. Babies scared me to death. I was so happy to find this book as an adult and knew this was the perfect read for this event. The story follows a family that has a baby that is not quite right to say the very least. Lots of blood, killings and gore. A perfect 70's classic to read during the Halloween season. I believe this is a creeper that will scare your socks off. I would recommend this to everyone that loves horror, creepy babies, a retro chiller BUT never for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment