Monday, March 13, 2017

50th Anniversary - The Outsiders

Stars 4/5
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

Of course I have read this book when I was young but wanted to reread it during it's 50th year of publication. The one thing that always makes me smile is the note from the author at the beginning when she talks about writing a more accurate book of how it is to be a teen. I wonder if her being female and writing about a mostly male cast was even accurate back then in 1967 and how the characters differ from teens of every decade since. I love the characters & the skip back in time. For such a short book, it is stuffed full of things going on and all in a one week period. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone if not for the emotional pull it will have on your heart but for the classic nostalgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment