Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Stars 3/5
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
(I chose this book cover because I liked it best!)
A mind twist is how I would describe this book. It is not my favorite book from Neil Gaiman but I did enjoy it. It is a coming of age sort of story but not aimed towards children due to the sexual content and nudity. I really liked the twisty nature of this story but think the ending was a bit too much. One second he remembers and the next it is gone. At the end of the book, I believe that not only did the unnamed male protagonist get a horrible ending but Lettie just got chopped out entirely. Neil Gaiman said he wrote this for his wife Amanda.... I would take the message to her as... the future is uncertain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment