Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Murder at 40 Below

Stars 5/5
Murder at 40 Below by Tom Brennan
*Booktube-A-Thon Read*

I must be honest and say that I do not read true crime books anymore. Reason is that they make me a bit sick to my stomach due to the graphic nature but I wanted to read this one because it was specific to Alaska. I appreciated this author's simple but factual description of sensitive information dealing with each crime and not fall into the overly descriptive gore that I do not like. The stories were intriguing and I found it took me double the time to read this because I had to google the crime after I read each case wanting to see a pic or two of the killer. I love books on Alaska and I am glad I gave this book a read. I very much enjoyed reading about these historical moments in Alaska's history even if they are the darker side of it. I would recommend this book to everyone who likes true crime. *I must make note that there is one story in the book that is a bit hard to read. It is regarding a death of two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment