Friday, November 18, 2016

The Dead House

Stars 3/5
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
This book had an unique story line. A girl suffering from DID or Multiple Personality Disorder her whole life and was living two lives with no sleep ever - a day girl and a night girl leaving cute little notes to each other and having unrealistic goals of one day actually spending time together as separate people. Also the friends in the book added to this lunacy. I guess the creepy part was the "demon possession" but I was creeping out with the craziness. The story was set up like journal, video, psychiatrist notes and random writings found which I thought was the part that kept me reading.  I would recommend this book but I need to say that DID is no joke. It is very rare and I have seen thousands claim to suffer from this disorder online making fun and calling their multiple personalities "head mates" which I believe is very wrong. This disorder should not be romanticized because it destroys lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment