Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Secret of Nightingale Wood

Stars 5/5
The Secret of Nightingale Wood by Lucy Strange

This book was very heart touching. It follows a 12 yr old, Henrietta better known as Henry, and her family dealing with the death of her older brother. Set in 1919 London, the family's home burns and the son Robert dies in the fire. The family then moves to the countryside to heal. The story goes into how each of the family member is coping with things mentally and how the era in which this story was set in affected the family and treatments. I am not going to go much more into the story as to not spoil it but I must say that one day while Henry is exploring she meets Moth (my favorite character in the book) and they become close due to similar situations. I would recommend this book to everyone. It was a wonderful read. I very much enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment